Saturday, August 16, 2008

Some time at the beach....

It is time to say farewell to the beach, after a wonderful past couple of days. Our annual Chamber Association conference has just concluded. The conclusion is always bitter sweet...seeing all my fellow chamber professionals and friends, versus hitting some much needed R & R on the beach.

I have been blessed to have completed my second year on the state board of directors and watched our association continue to grow in strength, number and professionalism. I am convinced that "chamber people" truly are the best people in the world. And, we have a least a little fun along the way (wow, what an understatement!) I got to hit the pool and the beach on Friday evening, then the rain set in today. Yet, it wasn't a total wash out, and the wrap-around balcony at the condo has been awesome.

Usually after some time away, I am ready to head home....however...not this time. I think I could stay another week.

1 comment:

Looking to move! said...

I hear you.

We had a great 4 Chamber Board of Directors Planning retreat 2 years ago.

It was at a Ginn Resort in Palm Coast. Ah, yes what a trip. Penthouse suite that sleeps 10 was fabulous with a balcony over looking the Atlantic Ocean. A bellman that came to our rescue at every turn and then let's talk about the turn down chocolates, they were to die for.

Chamber life is wonderful. I am blessed everyday to serve our members.