Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic fever

I am not quite sure what has come over me, but one thing is for certain....I have contracted Olympic fever. From the opening ceremonies (which where absolutely phenomenal), to the latest swimming victory in the relay last night, I have been glued to the television or internet to catch the latest action.

Last night's victory in the Men's Relay was a sight to see. I just couldn't bring myself to go to bed early and miss the event, especially after the nasty comments made by the French swimmers. But, what should one expect, they are afterall the French, so it comes as no surprise. To see American Jason Lezak come from a length behind to defeat Frenchman Alain Bernard was awesome.

Of course, none of this should come as a surprise...the French did what they do best...step aside and let the United States get it done.

Never fear Mr. Bernard, I am sure an Olympic gold medal will turn up on e-bay. Perhaps you can buy one there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Olympic got you too?

I don't know which side I am cheering...US or South Korea. Both are doing well.

...and Roll Tide ;-)

Laura Weldon said...

I finally got to watch the opening ceremonies online last night. Very cool.

Looking to move! said...

Is it the Olympics or the new tv?