Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The GOP Convention

What a time, what a party, what a meeting, what a show.....I am talking about the GOP Convention.

They have lined up the "big guns" as headliners each night, which makes little sleep for me this week. I fit the mold of a true political "junkie." In case you missed it, Fred Thompson's speech on Tuesday night at the convention hit the proverbial "home run." In fact, the slogan, "Fred Ain't Dead" has been resurrected. Mike Huckabee, Rudy Giuliani, Joseph Lieberman, a host of Senators, even more Governors, a few candidates, and countless others of the GOP faithful are rallying the crowd.

These displays of pomp (and circumstance), pundits, playwrights, politicos, and partisanship show the stuff our political system is made of....and I love every minute of it. Our party system generates debate, discussion, and ultimately, decisions. Maybe it has its flaws, its detractions, and weaknesses, but representative democracy is working.

With a little more than 60 days to go....we're off to the races! Let the games begin!

Let's win this one for "the Gipper!"

McCain - Palin 2008!

1 comment:

Looking to move! said...

Thanks for the postings, I did not get to see all of the GOP Convention but saw Sarah Palin and John McCains.

I wish just once that a candidate will speak about streamlining the way we pay taxes to the IRS. I would love to see a flat tax across the board. When you think that tithing is 10%, wouldn't that be a great figure for the government to use as well. I am also willing to give the 10%, save the trees, don't make me do any filings, and don't give me any money back. I am sure that the country would have more money to pay off the debt and have a surplus. Just my thoughts!!